Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Official Offer!

Hey everyone!
I'm really excited, I got my official offer letter...finally! Now I have to speedily fill out all the required forms, get my health insurance, get my visa, and finally book my plane ticket!! It's all so stressful right now, but hopefully will be worth it. I went into STA travel the other day and the staff working there was great and very helpful. The lady I was working with even looked up another student who was going so we could hopefully get on the same flight so we don't have to travel alone. My ticket estimate was around $1800...which was expected, but I don't actually think it's that bad. I was really scared there wouldn't be any flights because of the late notice. I leave early July. Orientation is July 14th. AH! Almost two months away!!
Ok kinda weird sidetrack...who watches LOST??
Well I do, and on the show, this plane crashes on a flight from Sydney to LA...which is the flight I'll eventually be making. Kinda funny...I know, it's fiction, but still!
Anyways...
I have a lot of prep and a lot of questions I need to get answered before I leave.
For example...what about furniture? I know that's weird to think about, but seriously, what about furniture? As far as housing goes, we are left to find our own, whether it's an apartment or house somewhere. So I wonder, if they're for students if they're already furnished.
What about bed sheets and towels? Haha, do we bring our own? Or do we buy them there? I assume buy them there...
I'm still really nervous, but I know it will all be worth it and I would regret it if I didn't go.
Has anyone else gotten their letters since class?

No comments: