Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Goals


Obviously, I have many goals for my experiences overseas. One that is most important to me,  however, is utilizing the opportunity to explore the region of Europe, being I've never been there. Although I know the Netherlands will offer much to see and I'll be spending the majority of time there, I'll definitely want to travel. Given I am financially able to do so, I plan to travel extensively outward from the "Gateway to Europe" (aka: the Netherlands) to sight-see and experience various other cultures, people, and languages, in at least 3 other countries. It's hard to say specifically which countries I'll visit, being once I'm there, certain opportunities will arise depending on who I meet, but I have some favorites in mind for sure. I've heard from many how beautiful Italy and Greece are, so they top my list. I'd also love to explore the UK, hitting up Scotland and Ireland for a few beers and beautiful landscapes. It'd also be really cool to get in touch with my historical roots in Sweden and Germany as well. 

No comments: